Friday, October 9, 2009

I'm Cursed



This isn't the greatest picture. Sorry. Let me explain. On the right, is the first pan of cookies that came out of the oven. On the left is the second pan.

I thank Landee for introducing me to the world of making cookies with my kids. We opened the package. We broke the little squares of cookie dough apart. We put them on the pan. Several squares were eaten before they ever had a chance to get to the pan, let alone the oven.

But here is the curse, my friends. The last pan always cooks too long. Always. I get the first one out, put the last one in and - forget about it. Always. So, we get one pan of perfect and one pan of - well....crispy.

I do the same with pancakes. They all turn out great until the last three. I put those on and, as usual - forget about it.

Do you have any kitchen curses? I'd love to hear about them.

P.S. I'm also quite clumsy. I can't even count the numerous times I've cut myself, burned myself or spilled things.

1 comment:

  1. I am famous for neglecting to turn off the burner when I have steamed something. Then I started to smell something a little funny...alas, the top is perfect (except for the way overcooked left over items I had steamed) and the bottom is black! Nothing quite like the taste of "smoked burnt carrots or broccoli!".

    ReplyDelete